I can't say that I have ever been all that impressed by spring as a season. I imagine that is a result of growing up in Southern California where spring and summer (and much of fall and winter, for that matter) are pretty much similar temperatures. But since moving to the Middle, I've had a much greater interest in spring and the end of winter. And this year, I am especially longing for it to be spring. It has been a long, cold, bitter winter. I am so weary of the snow and the icy wind that sneaks its way under one's coat. The white Easter and the snopw forecatsed for tomorrow despite the start of April next week just depresses me.
This spring feels particularly momentous for me. This winter has been a dormant period not just for the cold ground but also my infertility journey. Although we give it to the old college try every month, we haven't had a treatment cycle since October. I feel like I have just been in waiting and spinning my wheles until my work allows for a break in action and my weight reaches the necessary loss for ivf. I know that summer will bring ivf and I need to call the RE's office and get on the schedule, but something stops me (other than those few stubborn pounds). There seems an inexplicable hold on my pursuing this next step until the winter has passed.
Wednesday, March 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That's understandable! Winter is yucky and I never feel like doing anything.
Winter is rough for me as well even though I have always lived in New England. And it seems to be sticking around a bit longer this year. I agree that it is depressing.
I think that treatment is intense emotionally and, even though breaks can be tough, it's often hard to get back on the emotional rollercoaster.
Hang in there!
XOXO
It is really hard sometimes to make that first call to the RE. Each time I feel a wave of different emotions -- excitement (maybe this will be it), followed closely by fear and apprehension.
I'm hoping that Spring pops up all around you soon, and that you'll feel better about the next steps.
Post a Comment