Monday, November 12, 2007

Walk of Hope

Although it's rare, every once and a while my husband surprises me. He saw an advertisement for the Walk of Hope to support Resolve at the RE's office. He was adamant about us participating. He can never get up in the mornings, but he was ready and willing to awaken at 6:30 so we could be at the Mall of America on time. On a Saturday.

It was announced that approximately 350 people were there to walk and almost $60,000 was raised. At one point, I looked at DH and saw a very sad face. As we walked, I asked him about it. He said, "Look at that little boy on his dad's shoulders. I want to do that." He said he hadn't realized how many people would have children. I guess, the Celebrating Families theme didn't quite permeate. But later he told me that he did have hope after seeing all of those people with children that one day we would too.

And he is still wearing his green wristband. He calls it his circle of hope.

6 comments:

HereWeGoAJen said...

I wish my husband and I could have gone to that as well.

It is good to have hope.

Me said...

Your husband sounds wonderfully sweet!

Katie said...

What a neat event - it is great that it was his idea, too!

Geohde said...

Bless your husband and his cotton socks (if indeed he wears them).

Just lovely.

J

Katarina Jelly Beana said...

It always surprises me when Mr. JellyBeana does things like that. He's so focused on the mechanics that the emotions sometimes crop up at strange times.

Sweet of him. I'm glad you got to go on the walk.

JJ said...

Thats awesome that he was on board for the walk--and great that the wristband is still on=)