I have a confession to make, I skipped a dose of one of those stupid progesterone suppositories yesterday so that I would hopefully not feel weepy about the adoption info meeting. It apparently worked because I was fairly level-headed and didn't feel emotional about it at all. And for the first time, the idea of international adoption sounded intriguing to me. As if I need to open up another can of worms.
DH, on the other hand, was a royal pain. He kept fidgeting in his chair, sitting up, slouching down, getting up to throw things away, tapping my hand, whispering to me. I wanted to shove him.
After the meeting, we went to dinner and I asked him what he thought. He said he didn't know what to think. Ok, very helpful. After much pointed cross-examination, I finally pulled from him that it had hit him- how long this process is going to take, how much it is going to cost, and how much it will require of us. All of the things I have been saying for, oh, I don't know, months, maybe?
Anyway, I feel like we have a plan of sorts, although it hinges on the results of the special s/a today. If the white blood cells are really immature sperm cells as a result of the Clomid, we will take off at least November from IUIs. Since we will be gone in January, I know we can't cycle then, so we might go ahead and do one in December, depending on what the RE has to say on the 30th at the consult. But if they are really white blood cells, DH wants to go ahead (although I told him not to bother for reproductive purposes) and have further testing involving catheters and rectal probles. Fun, fun.
Meanwhile, in three months, we should know if Bethany will have a local embryo adoption program and if not, we will apply to the one in Tennessee in March after we hit our three year anniversay (program requirement of three years of marriage). So, at least, there is a plan. Even though I feel no closer to actually getting a baby.
Wednesday, November 7, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I remember how overwhelmed both my husband and I felt after our first adoption information fair. We went out to lunch and had a very similar conversation. I think you are getting closer to that baby, it is just hard to see it sometimes. I am thinking about you!
Im sorry he was fidgety--Im sure that didnt add comfort to the situation.
Glad there is a plan...that always helps.
I like what Katie said -- about how you both are on this road together and getting closer to a baby.
Sometimes I have to remind myself of that...especially since it seems we're often on different pages...
I do feel happy for you that you are moving toward the same page though. Best wishes!
i agree with katie - i do think you are closer to your baby. i do believe that every door we open - whether ART or adoption - takes us closer to being parents.
things sound really good with you and your DH. your communication is inspiring.
I find it interesting how unilateral the DH's seem to be in their lack of undrestanding about the reality of the fertility situation. :-P
Post a Comment