Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Interesting study

I came across the following abstract. I haven't read the study, but sure would like to.

11561741 JA

Coping with male infertility. Gender differences

Women of infertile couples rated higher on "depressional coping" than their partners. Women with infertility rated lower on "religiousness and search for meaning" than women with other chronic medical problems.

2001 Arch Gynecol Obstet 265;3:131-6

Kowalcek, I., Wihstutz, N., Buhrow, G., and Diedrich, K

3 comments:

Kristen said...

Wow, that really is interesting. That pretty much sucks but I have to agree. I definitely feel a lack of faith since beginning our TTC journey. And while I don't think I have full-blown depression, I definitely think I have a mild to moderate version. Thanks alot, IF.

Mrs. Shoes said...

I hear you on the mild depression, Kristen. I have never been the type for that, but I can definitely see signs of it when struggling with IF.

A'Dell said...

I can totally see myself in that.

I found a similar study that stated "women showed more anxiety, depression, hostility, cognitive disturbances, stress levels and decreased self-esteem than their partners."

Yep, I'm in there too. *sigh* I suppose it's good that at least there's a reason I'm bitchy! :)

http://womensmindbodyhealth.info/infertility526A.htm