Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Support?

I attended a Resolve support group meeting last night. First off, they meet in a hospital and apparently, it was also birthing class day. Could have done without seeing all the preggos walking around.
I was terribly nervous. I can walk into a courtroom full of attorneys, a panel of appellate court judges, even a federal judge or two with absolute confidence. But make me walk into a room with a group of women I don't know and am more jittery than a teenage boy with a condom on prom night.
Anyhow, there were two couples and about 8-9 other women. It was gratifying to hear some of them verbalize the same feelings I have had. An amazing number of women with unexplained infertility. No one with male fertility issues. Not sure how close the group really is. I guess I had expectations of more people and being closer-knit. But the raw pain that both men and women felt really struck me. And I really did like the facilitator. She is a nurse and psychologist and struggled with infertility for 10 years and chose to adopt.

No comments: