After working 96 hours from Monday to Saturday, I was slated to go back into work last night at 6 p.m. Unfortunately, I was instead in the ER until almost 3 this morning with a pretty severe gall bladder attack. I had to wait three hours in the waiting room, puking in pain. Such fun. After some iv drugs and fluids, I was finally allowed to go home. My gall bladder must come out. We are hoping that I can hold off four more weeks until the second trimester is underway.
I went for my first official OB visit this morning. Fairly underwhelming. But on a positive note, in order to have an NT scan, I need a dating u/s, so that is scheduled for tomorrow morning.
Monday, May 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
Oh my Gosh you poor thing!!! Lots of hugs your way. I hope it gets better and everything goes ok.
xoxo
B
Oh, that sucks. I'm sorry you are feeling so awful. I hope it gets better soon.
I am excited about your ultrasound tomorrow though! Hooray!
I hope you feel better soon! Will you post when you're feeling better about the 'underwhelming' visit? I haven't actually read a description of what you're supposed to do in your first OB visit and I'd love to know.
I hope you feel better soon! Will you post when you're feeling better about the 'underwhelming' visit? I haven't actually read a description of what you're supposed to do in your first OB visit and I'd love to know.
Oh that sounds AWFUL.
I hope everything goes as smoothly as it can...and hopefully we'll have spring here soon...
Pam
Ugg, sorry for the yuckiness! Crossing fingers and toes that all goes really well tomorrow.
oh, no, you poor thing. i hope you can hold off, too. i'm sure tomorrow will be wonderful!
Oh, what a wonderful way to spend a Sunday! I've had several visits to the ER with my mom - elderly grandma and all.
I think our longest stay was about 9 hours - the loooooooongest 9 hours of my life!!
I hope you don't have any more bad attacks before you can go into surgery. I know how painful just the time spent in ER can be - much less being doubled over with internal pain. Eeek!
So sorry. :(
Yucky! That doesn't sound like very much fun at all.
Hope you're feeling better and can hold off another few weeks.
Thinking of you.
I hope that you're feeling better. That sounds awful. I hope that you can hang in there for a few more weeks.
Ugh. So sorry! I've been there (had undiagnosed Gall Stones for 10+ years before an unrelated ultrasound discovered the cause of the intense upper abdominal pain I'd been having forever). I had my gall bladder removed about 4 weeks ago, but as I said, I had the pain for about 10 + years, and waited almost a year after diagnosis before taking action. It wasn't pleasant, but it was controlled with a low fat diet and with the occasional Vicodin. Anyhow, 4 weeks later, and have pretty much recovered now. Of course, I wasn't pregnant at the time (actually, my surgeon freaked when she found out I was TTC), but all the same, the surgery wasn't too bad, and the recovery wasn't too terrible either.
One thing I would say (some completely unsolicited assvice, of course)- if you're trying to hold out for 4 weeks, you might consider substantially cutting back on fat and cholesterol in your diet, as much as you can without hurting your baby. The gall bladder is really only called in to service (when it contracts and can cause pain if you have stones) when your body needs an extra boost to digest fatty foods. So if you cut back on the fat, you cut back on the instances where your gall bladder tries to do it's thing. Just my advice, in case your doctor didn't mention this (mine didn't until right before my surgery).
You can read my story over at Bee In The Bonnet
Post a Comment